Thursday, May 13, 2010

Clijsters out of French Open

Belgium's Kim Clijsters has withdrawn from the French Open due to an ankle injury.
A CT scan today revealed the injury was healing, but fluid is still building up around her ankle and she has opted to miss the second grand slam of the year and end her clay court season.
Clijsters, who reached the French Open final in 2001 and 2003, said on her official website, www.kimclijsters.be: "I will continue my recovery to be totally up for the season on grass.
"It's really a shame to give up on Roland Garros. Paris is so close I always feel a little at home. And that's where I played my first grand slam final.
"But the foot pain forces me to throw in the towel."
The French Open takes place at Roland Garros from May 23 to June 6.
Clijsters will play at Eastbourne, beginning on June 14, in preparation for Wimbledon.

No comments:

Post a Comment